Super Hero Squad Rumorbuster

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

New Guy! Let's Have Fun!

Hi, everyone! My name's Cris. I'm here to help Clever Name (and Seantified) post on the blog to bring you all sorts of fun and interesting information on the comics-related things we love. Anyway, seeing as this is my first post as the new guy, I figured I'd start off with something new (well, relatively anyway, haha) and exciting.

So, I went to Comic-Con this year and made sure that I went to the Hasbro panel so that I could share all the cool things there with all of you loyal readers of SHS Rumorbuster. Don't get me wrong, I didn't go to the Hasbro panel simply to cover it for SHS Rumorbuster (I would've gone no matter what), but I did make sure to take pictures and video of the panel to share with you guys; that way even if you weren't able to make it to Comic-Con this year, you can still experience the Hasbro panel! (Aren't you all lucky?)

Well, Clever Name has already posted the pictures I took, so all that's left for me to post is some information...and of course the video I took. Haha, but Comic-Con being the amazing spectacle that it is, unfortunately my camera's battery died before the panel was completely over. Oh well, you learn from your mistakes every day, right?

So, before I get to the video, allow me to set it up a second. Ok, so upon entering the hall the panel was being held in I was given some awesome SHIELD swag promoting the FuryFiles.com website. After a few not altogether interesting introductions and announcements, the fine Hasbro people (each dressed in awesome SHIELD Agent shirts that admittedly made me daydream about how I could snatch a shirt from one of them, dash out the door, down the escalator, and be home free...yeah, they were that cool, but I digress) opened it up for questions. The very first question asked was about the rumored 3.75" line, and this is when I started rolling. So, without further ado...I bring you the SDCC 08 Hasbro panel (more or less)!

1.

Original Video - More videos at TinyPic


2.

Original Video - More videos at TinyPic

3.

Original Video - More videos at TinyPic

So, as the promotional stuff for the 3.75" line shows, they have the sculpts for 32 or 33 figures (depending on whether or not there will be Nick Fury and army builder SHIELD agents or just one or the other...not gonna lie, I'm hoping for both Nick and army builders). Here's the complete list:
Iron Man
Spider-Man
Silver Surfer
Punisher
Black Panther
Bullseye
Daredevil
Johnny Storm
Human Torch
Stealth Armor Iron Man
X-Force Wolverine
Ultimate Captain America
Green Goblin
Hulk
Grey Hulk
Iron Fist
Ronin
Black-suit Spider-Man
Hand Ninja
Classic Iron Man (with/out horns)
Ms. Marvel
Classic Ms. Marvel
Punisher (all black)
Thing
Nick Fury/SHIELD Agent
Blade
Hobgoblin
Moonknight
Red Hulk
Union Jack
Colossus
Thor

Who else can hardly wait until "Spring 2009"?
Well, it seems that we technically don't have to. If you've checked out FuryFiles.com recently, then you'll no doubt have noticed the countdown clock that is counting down to roughly March 1st. Haha, the irony of me starting a rumor (by speculating about what that countdown's actually for, since it doesn't really say on the site) here on SHS Rumorbuster just hit me. Anyway, if I am right in speculating that the countdown is for the launch of the 3.75" line, then that would mean that technically the line will be here just a little before "Spring 2009" since Spring technically starts somewhere around March 21st.

No matter when the 3.75" line actually ends up dropping, I can hardly wait to throw my money at Hasbro to get my hands on these marvelous action figures (shameless pun).

P.S.
Does anyone else think that it's slightly wrong to put out a Danny Rand (Iron Fist) figure without a Luke Cage? I mean, come on...how are we gonna get some Heroes for Hire action without Luke?

P.P.S.
Seeing that Hasbro is willing to do some more off-beat costumes as variants for the figures...I can only hope that if they end up doing a Gambit they do a variant costume that isn't his first appearance fuchsia costume. I'm hoping beyond hope that they'll do something a little sleeker...like, say, his X-Treme X-Men costume? Admittedly, I won't be holding my breath since even in the comics it seems like the only person willing to shed the fuchsia is creator Chris Claremont. Who knows? They might not even make a Gambit figure.

3 Comments:

  • Welcome to the frontlines Cris! As for the pictures, I've only posted the first set so far (you've sent them twice, I've... lost them twice... I'm sure they're hear it's just... this computer's a mess and...) so if you want to upload them feel free. I tried looking for a way to clip the panel into bits, and I was lucky to... well... find a whole bunch of programs willing to not do it.

    Anyway, thanks for the video, go watch it, it's fun!

    PS: How about a Horsemen variant wave? Gambit, Hulk, Wolverine, Deathbird, Polaris, Caliban, Archangel and Sunfire all as Apocalypse's Horsemen? I personally can't wait to see how Hasbro handles "big guys" like the Sentinels and Galactus in the 3.75 inch line.

    PPS: There's a huge difference between speculation (ie, there's a countdown clock on a site devoted to an upcoming toy-line, with the countdown pointing to the already mentioned release date) and rumors (ie...dudes... some dude said... dude... there's like... dude... a dozen Kravens sitting in this guy's house in Hackensack and...) so you did fine LOL.

    By Blogger Clever Name, At August 27, 2008 at 4:17 PM  

  • love the use of George Michael!!

    Great videos!

    By Blogger Seantified, At August 27, 2008 at 6:58 PM  

  • Oh! I would kill to have a Horsemen wave! That would be SO frickin' awesome! Yeah, it will be interesting to see what Hasbro does with "big guys"! Argh...so can't wait for this line to come out...I'm considering cryogenic stasis, haha.

    Wait, George Michael? When did I use George Michael?

    By Blogger Cris, At August 29, 2008 at 2:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home